Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eye Lashes Haul (Red Cherry + Katie Price)

I Love lashes, Love them long and dramatic. Lashes can transform your look. I have favorites that I've been using for years now. I've recently ordered Katie Price's lashes and the infamous Red Cherry. I have new favorites now =)

MAC #45
This is one of my favorite lashes. I've used it many times for weddings and evening gatherings. They give a dramatic look yet not over the top.

Makeup Forever no. 157

When I purchased these lashes the number appeared on the box was 157, but when searching online for a picture it gave me a different pair. I ended up finding it under 156 so!!
Moving on.. Lately I've been using these lashes more than MAC's it's thicker but shorter. I was experimenting with lashes, and decided to pair this lash on top of MAC's #45, so I had double lashes on and Loved it. You may think it's much but it's not. They looked great attached together. If you are not looking for a dramatic look I suggest you go for one pair only.


Katie Price Lashes:




Katie Price Lashes in Tame:







To be honest, I expected Katie Price's lashes to be much better. 
The packaging was quite annoying you can't see the full shape of the lashes since the stupid square with her name covers it.  The lashes come with a strip lash adhesive which I didn't try.
Moving on to the lashes, If you notice on the top part, each lash looks different than the other. The quality of the lashes is not that bad, though differs from one lash to the other. Trying the lashes is a different thing though, when you have them on they look amazing I have to say. These lashes can be compared to MAC's #45, quite similar.
Overall: 7/10
Price: 9/10
Packaging: 7/10

Katie Price's lashes in Wild








When removing the lashes from the case gently, one of the strings fell of as shown in the pictures above, the same happened with my sister's pair! That's what really bugged me because when wearing the lashes they look really good and photograph nicely. I really wish the quality was better as you won't be able to use it multiple times. Though let's face it they retail for £5 so the quality wont be as good as MAC's! 
Katie's range consisted of three types of lashes but those two where the only ones available on amazon UK. For more info on the her lashes check out my previous post.

Overall: 6/10
Price: 9/10
Packaging: 7/10

Red Cherry lashes


Red Cherry's Lashes #43:



Straight to the point, This brand is AWESOME. It's one of the best I've ever used. Not only are they 100% real human hair, but the quality of these lashes are superb. They are compared to MAC's and last as long. To top that of, they are extremely affordable and really cheap. They retail for around $2 a pair! This brand is used and loved by sooooo many make-up artists and celebrities. The Kardashians love this brand and use it all the time.
This pair looks so natural the only problem I have, which isn't a big deal, the size of the lash was slightly small, not talking about the length! Some come in S, M, L. You can choose according to your eye shape. They look so natural on. I also tried sticking two lashes on top of each other to give a more dramatic look and they looked great, didn't look over the top.
I'll definitely be getting more of these lashes to use professionally.  

Overall: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging:  5/10

Red Cherry Lashes # 100



When I first laid eyes on this pair of lashes I was like woooow! what was I thinking!! They looked like something drag queens would wear! I thought I'd keep them aside might use them for photo shoots  or runways! When trying them on to review them I changed my mind! They look great on and I love them. If you are looking for long dramatic lashes you'll definitely love these babies. I have to say if you have small eyes or small eyelid or thick brows this pair is not for you. I'm definitely going to use these for weddings or parties. Out of all the lashes this pair photographed amazingly.

Overall: 10/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging:  5/10



Kindly Note some lashes look more dramatic in real life than they do in pictures. I tried to pick the pictures that would best mimic their appearance in real life.
Hope you found this post useful xx

Images belong to Make-up Overdose.


15 comments:

sadia said...

First of all, thank you for your lovely comment, and thank you for following! I'm loving your blog and following you!!

About the lashes, I've never had the courage to try them on! I have small eyes and my lashes are sparse. Which one would you recommend? :)

Anonymous said...

I have never worn falsies but it is something that I have always wanted to try. Obviously, they look gorgeous on you.

Style~ Spotlighted at http://wtfash.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I use MAC's falsies , but I would defiantly like to try red cherry's !

MiMi said...

Thx for the lovely comments my lovies =)

Sadia thx for following very kind of you=D I would recommend the Red Cherry lashes #43 or the makeup forever 157/6 hope you love them and please let me know how it turns out =)

Chanle tysm dear =) I'm sure once you try them you'll be hooked =)

Anon.. If you Love Mac's falsies I'm sure you'll love Red Cherry. to me they are much better and sexier than MAC =)

AlReeM said...

wow, i love them on you!

I recently bought several Ardel lashes, have you tried them?

MiMi said...

Thx AlReem =)

I heard about Ardel falsies but never tried them.

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Wow You are amazing with Eye lashes I have not wear them yet I reckon they will fall down or something .

(follow me back)

AVE-MARIA said...

thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog and thank you for following me. yes we can follow each other ;-) wishing you a nice day

http://ave-maria-ave-maria.blogspot.com/

Elekon said...

Wow I really loved this post, very interesting, definitely following you back, thanks for your comment and following too!

BUS and MUG said...

i love them !! :( but i cant use it so good post :) you remember me again my ineptitude :))

kisses..

http://lamagiedemb.blogspot.com

Sarin Aladadi said...

AHH wonderful post! love the medley of lashed you have here! And i totally had the same reaction to lashes until i tried them on once!! they're actually not that bad! sweet blog! I will totally be following you! hope to here back from you<3

Your Follower,
Sarin


alwayspictureperfect.blogspot.com

Julie Ann Lozada said...

i haven't tried to put fake eyelashes before... but i did an eyelash extension... i thin i should try this one!

It's a GIRL Thing

Unknown said...

never worn falsies but i heard it;s really better esp with photoshoots!

mashutzo writes said...

i have never tried the false eyelashes till now and never had the guts..
but after seeing your post seems like its not that difficult..
have you tried?
thank you for dropping by my blog!
Following you for sure!

Ezzy said...

Hello dear could you tell me where did you purchase the Red Cherry Lashes from? Which website if online?

Thanks
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...