Thursday, June 30, 2011

Liquid Foundation Haul



I know how hard it is to find the perfect foundation. I've been testing out foundations and I know how frustrating it can be when you waste money on a product that achieves nothing it claims! I love foundations that give medium to full coverage. I know a lot of people run away from full coverage, trust me these foundations don't feel full coverage they feel so light. I even used to think they are sheer-medium until my sis corrected me! Turns out I like medium to full coverage foundations.. I've always pictured full coverage to be cakey and thick!! (that's the arabic foundation version eeeek!!)
I have been testing these foundations for months now. I wanted to give them time and not review them after one use..
For reference I'm a MAC NC 30.  




 Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Medium 1 Punjab




I have been wanting to get this foundation for ages and couldn't find my shade, or any shade by all mean, here in Dubai, even the tester shades are limited which made it even harder to order online! While I was on vacation in Thailand at the beginning of this year, I was lucky enough to find my shade, and it wasn't easy to find as well. 
 I love his foundation and I can say it's one of my favorites. It has a sheer satin finish, keeping in mind I have a very oily complexion. This foundation has a light-medium coverage,what I like about it you can build it to your liking. 
It provides the right amount of moisture to give you a nice glow without looking oily. 
The foundation comes with no pump which you have to purchase individually.
I always apply powder to set my foundation to keep it from looking too oily.
 Sadly, NARS is no longer available in Dubai.
The powder I'm currently using to set my foundation is Revlon Colorstay pressed powder in medium. Works better than Mac's Minirelized skin finish.
Price: $42
Overall: 8/10

Revlon Colorstay combination to oily skin in 310 Warm Golden


 
 Are you looking for a long lasting foundation, Look no further. I absolutely love this foundation, best drug store foundation EVER. 
Unfortunately there isn't enough variety of shades available in Dubai. The only downside is I had to go over 4 shades to find the right one! Which is quite a hassle I have to say.  This foundation claims it lasts up to 16 hours. I have to say out of all the foundations I'm reviewing today this is the one that lasts the longest, with minimum touch ups required. 
If this foundation impressed me while testing it in Thailand then It's highly recommended. Due to the hot and humid climate in Bangkok.
The foundation has a creamy texture, which gives you the impression it might have a full coverage effect,and might get cakey.
The foundation actually give medium to full coverage, can also be built up to your liking. I actually prefer medium coverage, but this foundation is an exception. It feels so light on the skin and there is not a slight heaviness to it.
The only down side to this foundation is the fact that it doesn't come with a pump, which can get quite messy.
Price: -
Overall: 9/10

Makeup Forever HD Foundation #127





As I have an extremely oily t-zone, some foundations can be quite tricky to work with. This product is oil free, and gives a medium to full coverage.The fact that it's oil free made me want to try it asap. got this foundation around a year ago and I still use it. It's quite amazing. I love how it can seem invisible yet gives a good coverage. The downside it can get oily after a couple of hours.
Price: -
Overall: 7/10

Chanel Mat Lumiere in Beige 40




 I LOVE this foundation, at first I wasn't sure if I should get it the SA told me that it's one of Chanel's best sellers, I know how some sale assistants bluff a lot so I decided to check it out first. I read so many raving reviews about it, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one and I did first thing next day. And I don't regret it at all. This foundation gives an amazing coverage 1 pump goes a long way, it gives a medium to full coverage, more on the full side, but not one bit cakey! It absorbs fast and gives a nice velvety finish. A nice bonus it comes with a pump and a good one for that matter. Definitely one of my favorite foundations.

 Estee Lauder Double wear foundation in Tawny + Shell Beige


 
 The headache I went through to get this foundation!! I went through 3 shades to finally get the right one, and I didn't actually find my shade I had to mix Tawny along with Shell Beige to get the right shade! The thing is it oxidizes and I end up looking tanned when I apply this foundation! I tried tawny on it's own and it looks light while shell beige looks dark! I gave up on this foundation even though when I was trying it out It was my favorite foundation. It gives a full coverage yet so light and lasts the longest of all. I once had it for a whole day (from 9:00 a.m-11:00 p.m) had to retouch once! Even though it comes in 20 shades! not all available in Dubai!! which is so annoying!
This foundation is set to be the higher end version of the Revlon color stay and it really is. If I have to compare them both give great coverage but the Estee lauder feels lighter.
I came up with a solution since the foundation doesn't come with a pump which can get quite messy, MAC's pump fits perfectly. 
I'll be ordering yet another shade I don't want to give up on this foundation. Will be posting the results once I get it.

Price: -
Overall: 9/10 leaving the shade dilemma aside

 Dior Nude Natural Glow foundation in 21+30 



 I used to really like this foundation, and was using it for a while. Since I started testing other products I realized that this foundation started clumping when I came back to use it again!! It's a shame since it gives a nice coverage and finish!!
I don't recommend this foundation since it clumps. You can actually see the clots in the swatch!
Price: -
Overall: 5/10

Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer in Nude



 I wont be reviewing this product since the shade is light on me I couldn't quite test it out! I got this from Thailand, I don't want to order one, since I don't want to go through the hassle of ordering a wrong shade, but when I'm on vacation I will check the shades myself and will be reviewing it then.
Price: -
Overall: -

I'll be updating the prices soon..
I hope you enjoyed this post should you require any further info please don't hesitate to leave a comment xoxo





2 comments:

Alyssa said...

This post was so helpful! I like it very much! I was so happy to finally come across a "makeup-crazy" blog, since I have been stumbling on more fashion based blogs than makeup. Not that I don't like fashion though and others' blogs :]

beautyandfashionmashup.blogspot.com
-The BF Mashup

MiMi said...

Thanks for the lovely comment Alyssa. I'm really glad you found this post to be helpful. I've been testing these foundations for months.. My blog Has a little bit of both make-up and fashion. But more Make-up I have to say =D

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...