Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Just so we're clear..

I love my blog, I’ve put my heart and soul designing it and trying to make it better and better each day.  I enjoy sharing tips and posting about things I like or stuff that come across as appealing to me. However, this is nothing but a hobby, something I enjoy doing on my spare time. I know there are so many bloggers now a days, not that I’m counting or complaining, I see that as a good thing.  It’s nice to share and put across things that interests you. I f I wanted to be a professional blogger, achieving this would be as easy as 123 since the media is looking into promoting and encouraging bloggers especially local ones.. I do get invited to so many events, I lose track, but I choose not to attend them. This is not me or the path I want to pursue, not that there is anything wrong with it, it’s just that I don’t see myself doing such a thing. So many overrated bloggers act snobbish, and think they know it all when in fact they need classes in fashion since they are anything but fashionable. Fashion is a way to express yourself I might find one piece fascinating another might find it plain or bleh.. Now a days, every girl that owns a Hermes belt/bracelet takes herself as a Fashionista, owning an item from Hermes doesn’t make u fashionable in any way! Anyone can spend money and buy the most expensive “it” items, but you will never reach anywhere if u lack taste and class, no matter how expensive the items u are wearing.
A new trend that I get to see a lot is Fake Birkins/ Kellys. Carrying a Fake Hermes bag  and having the confidence of the real thing, shows how stupid one can be. I’m a Hermes junkie, I’ve owned Hermes bags way before people knew what Hermes was, or even knew how to pronounce it. Then came the faze where people knew Hermes , but considered it overrated, because they weren’t ready to pay that amount on a “bag” without even  knowing the difference between a Birkin or Kelly, let alone the other amazing bags Hermes carries… it’s not a competition people here seem to want to outdo each other. What’s the point?!  And, it saddens me to say, as much as I love my Birkins and Kelly’s I got sick and tired of spotting 100s of Birkins and kellys every time I step into a mall, and 90% of which are FAKE! I can spot a fake miles away..
In addition, there is a HUGE difference between being confident and conceited. Just because you can afford a certain thing or in this case have more followers does not make you superior in any way, I’m quite content and grateful with the amount of visitors and followers I have. It’s nice to know that people are interested in my blog, in a way find it entertaining plus constructive and visit again.. So, thank you this means the world to me and shows the work I do pays off and doesn’t go in vain=)
I don’t want to make this boring and long, nor am I trying to pry anything or force my opinion on anyone. I just want to put my point across as well as keeping my posts short and sufficient..

2 comments:

Princess said...

luv your blog sis! keep up the great work! <3 <3

MiMi said...

Tysm princess, this truly made my day <3
I love your amazing Blog too <3 and your support means the world to me =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...